since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

I was surfing the internet not long ago when I ran into a video showing some cross-sex friendships. Watching the video I thought “Just friends? Really?” A second later I remembered that my high school best friend was actually a boy. We used to spend every single minute together, we were literally acting like communicating vessels, you would rarely see one of us without seeing the other one somewhere around. And all this was a completely platonic, pure, everlasting friendship… or at least we thought so till some point. After six-year friendship one of us stopped feeling okay being in the “friend zone”. For one of us (I won’t say who, but it wasn’t me :-D… I’m kidding, I won’t say who, because it doesn’t matter actually) further friendship between us, wasn’t an option any more. And that’s where everything ended up. Probably It wasn’t so unexpected end, because all people around tended to say “Cross-sex buddyhood? Come on, that’s not even a thing, such phenomenon doesn’t exist.” We heard the same statement over and over again, but we didn’t want to believe in it, we preferred to think we were different, our case was different and they were all wrong. They weren’t. Well, I guess sometimes people need to experience things by themselves first and only then they start believing in what they have been told.

“Can men and women just be friends?” This question has been discussed million times, psychologists have been digging for an answer and the answer has always turned up to be “NO”. But as we all know, times change, people change, answers change, so… Maybe some of you have different story, different end, different answer to the question?

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see such relationship so weird and of course it's possible.

By other hand I know some of them have like 'special rights' or they're friends with benefits, why not? It's a mutual agreement.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal
Paula

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Please Share Your Favorite Quote Or Saying.

Started by Evangelina in General Discussion. Last reply by Evangelina 17 hours ago. 48 Replies

Hello everyone, Another members discussion inspired me to post this discussion. It is great sometimes to be inspired from each other. In ancient times a large part of the quotes/saying served a moralizing, didactically and educational purpose.…Continue

Tags: Sayings., Quotes

what do these mean

Started by Sumeyra in Help Each Other With English. Last reply by AG 17 hours ago. 6 Replies

pull a swapbridle traillet someone off the hookyuck something upscramI dig what you lay downContinue

Complete the story

Started by Seeker in General Discussion. Last reply by Roman on Saturday. 28 Replies

Hello all,:-)I have a sentence for you and you have to make a story from this sentence. Just use your imagination and the word limit is 100 words including my initial sentence.Clear?The sentence is:I have been waiting for his / her for 10 years but…Continue

What's your thought and experience with your grandparents?

Started by Fe in General Discussion. Last reply by Diah 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

Last week was Grandparents' Day.   How do you see your grandparents?  Who are they in your life?  I know many of the members of EC are young people.  I'd love to know about their grandparents.I am a grandmother or lola to four granddaughters...three…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service