since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Do 'Motivation Speech, Quote, etc' actually change us and our life?

Hello, friends!

I have read some blogs and comments which are based on 'motivation speech and thoughts' ( hope I am using the right word... if not then plz tell me :D) and a question arose in my mind. 

Do these kinda motivational speech actually change us? OR do we really adopt these good thoughts in our life? or we just read and forget it after some time. :D 

Tags: Correction

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rahul, I really like reading quotes if they have a deep meaning. I am always impressed how people can express her mind so clearly and put them into a short form and people understand its meaning.
I think we agree with the words and are impressed but I don't think that quotes change people. Either people have the positive energy of the meaning inside or they don't have it. Words don't change anything because one does not have to change and the others do not understand the meaning of the quotes.

Hello, Rose!

yes, you are right ...... I agree with you. QUOTES DO NOT CHANGE PEOPLE.........Whenever we read or listen to any quotes and motivational speeches ... We get motivated .... but these quotes/speeches actually do not change us. 

In my opinion, it is useful only when one feels sad after a failure/something likewise and read these quotes/ listen to speeches and for some time he feels relaxed and forgets his failure. 

and after that, he forgets everything and back to the normal life.

thank you, rose,  for the comment, but I do not understand the last line of ur comment......  "Words don't change anything because one does not have to change and the others do not understand the meaning of the quotes."

Rose said:

Rahul, I really like reading quotes if they have a deep meaning. I am always impressed how people can express her mind so clearly and put them into a short form and people understand its meaning.
I think we agree with the words and are impressed but I don't think that quotes change people. Either people have the positive energy of the meaning inside or they don't have it. Words don't change anything because one does not have to change and the others do not understand the meaning of the quotes.

Sorry, Rahul, if I did not express my mind so correctly. With my last sentence, I meant: There are people which understand the quotes because they live that way .... so they have NOT to change. Others which need changing... they don't care... and so they don't understand the meaning of those quotes.

Rahul Wazir said:

Hello, Rose!

yes, you are right ...... I agree with you. QUOTES DO NOT CHANGE PEOPLE.........Whenever we read or listen to any quotes and motivational speeches ... We get motivated .... but these quotes/speeches actually do not change us. 

In my opinion, it is useful only when one feels sad after a failure/something likewise and read these quotes/ listen to speeches and for some time he feels relaxed and forgets his failure. 

and after that, he forgets everything and back to the normal life.

thank you, rose,  for the comment, but I do not understand the last line of ur comment......  "Words don't change anything because one does not have to change and the others do not understand the meaning of the quotes."

Rose said:

To change or not, it absolutely depends on us. Of course, every quote or motivating speech has its influence and effect to anybody who read or listen to it, and sometimes quite applicable and helpful as well.

Hello, Andy!

I like your answer ..... it is genuine and acceptable .... yeah ... I can't deny ... this .. sometimes it really works.  

thank you for the comment and liking my discussion.

andy said:

To change or not, it absolutely depends on us. Of course, every quote or motivating speech has its influence and effect to anybody who read or listen to it, and sometimes quite applicable and helpful as well.

Dear Rahul,

Are you not enough power to do something? LOL

The power of motivation speech is a good way to motivate you. Ofcourse, you should take action following that words day by day. It's up to you, dear Rahul.

I have a motivation quote for you

Be miserable

or motivate yourself

What ever has to  be done

it's always your choice

Ha!!! 

Dear KITTY, I think correct to say like this "Do not you have enough power to do something?" or "Are you not enough powerful to do something?"

Dear friendly boy, Roman
Your right. thank for your correcting mistakes.

You are welcome, KITTY!

One more MOTIVATING correction :D

It is WHATEVER not WHAT EVER .... ;) 
KITTY said:

Dear Rahul,

Are you not enough power to do something? LOL

The power of motivation speech is a good way to motivate you. Ofcourse, you should take action following that words day by day. It's up to you, dear Rahul.

I have a motivation quote for you

Be miserable

or motivate yourself

What ever has to  be done

it's always your choice

Ha!!! 

More motivating to learn english. lol

thanks for your supporting

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector
Nadira 
Paula
Onee

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

How Do You Kiss in Your Country?

Started by AG in General Discussion. Last reply by AG 20 hours ago. 59 Replies

Hello everybody, :D everybody, sharpen your lips and stiffen your pouts, because we are gonna kiss today :D This topic started when I was kissing (oops) discussing about kissing culture with someone in private chat just few days ago, ehm.. ehm.. So,…Continue

ALOHA!

Started by MARY in Introduce Yourself :)). Last reply by Kal 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste..." Oops sorry! Nope, I'm not the devil, but I couldn't help the joke XD :PI'm Mary, from Asspain.. I meant, Spain! I've been an EC member for... erm... like 4 years or so (with…Continue

Tags: introducing-my-awesome-self

money and happiness

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by dara gino on Wednesday. 28 Replies

Of course, every one of us wants to be happy in his life. How do we do that?Is it possible to buy happiness by money? I have a lot of money; does that mean I am happy? If the answer is yes, it means that poor people are not happy. Depression and…Continue

Yeepeeee!

Started by adin in Introduce Yourself :)). Last reply by Rosemary :) 7 hours ago. 5 Replies

Hi there ...I'm not quite well in English. But here i am trying to enhance my skills. So, What's new here? Because it has been long time for me as a member. But for sure, i never surfed too much here. So, this is my first introduction. Wish you all…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service